- The ammonium perchlorate composite pre-heater grain is lit by electrical means
- Fuel in the core is heated past its ignition temperature at the surface by the hot gas flow produced by the pre-heater.
- The thermoplastic tubing used to prevent nitrous flow through the injector is melted by the burning pre-heater.
- Once the thermoplastic tubing is melted through, nitrous oxide flows through the injector and into the combustion port.
- Fuel in the port is combusted with the injected flow of nitrous oxide, sustaining hybrid rocket motor operation.
- Operation is automatically terminated when the nitrous oxide supply is depleted. The total amount of nitrous oxide allowed to flow into the motor is slightly less than the projected combustion O/F ratio times the total mass of fuel in the motor. This is a precaution that prevents the fuel and liner from being completely consumed, subsequently causing the motor casing to fail due to exposure to combustion gases.
|Transducer Resistor Bridge Schematic|
|Voltage Regulator Connected to the Transducers|
|Voltage Regulator With Calibration Resistors|
|Oxidizer Feed Schematic|